Jason is a photographer devoted to his craft. He was born and raised in the great state of Oklahoma where his parents immigrated to from Taiwan. He is currently based in New York, but is often traveling all over the country and world. His keen sense of observation allows him to capture the intimate, the raw, the honest, and the nostalgic.
- Q: Are you available for assignment?
- A: I am always looking for interesting projects to collaborate on!
- Q: We love your work but can't pay you, how about a credit on social media and some merch?
- A: Except for very rare circumstances, I can't accept unpaid work. Besides taking really nice pictures, I also know how to communicate professionally, handle all stages of production, follow guidelines, deal with technical difficulties, ensure data security, and meet deadlines.
- Q: Where's your favorite place you've been?
- A: The South Island of New Zealand is just about the most magical place ever!
- Q: Do you shoot film?
- A: I do shoot film, but it's 80/20 digital nowadays due to client demands for faster turnaround. Also it's not fun carrying 50+ rolls of film into the mountains.
- Q: Do you know how to use studio lighting?
- A: I spent 6 years working as a photo assistant and digital tech for various top fashion and portrait photographers. Although, I prefer natural light, I know studio lighting very well.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." -Albert Camus